Digital media are transforming communication in the 21st century, to the extent that digital literacy is becoming essential for the contemporary and future job market. This track is designed to enhance and certify your digital literacy skills through a series of courses that address programming, code literacy, digital arts and culture, digital rhetoric, and creative productions in digital media.
To obtain the Digital Media Track certificate, you must take 15 credits in the following areas:
- Innovation Tracks core courses: 6 credits
- Digital Media skills courses: 3 credits or equivalent
- CIIC 3010 / COMP 3010: Introducción a la Programación de Computadoras (Python)
- Certification of an online course on programming, Web design, or coding skills (Coursera, Codecademy, etc)
- Digital Media communication and culture courses: 6 credits